Fundraising Tools & Information
We've worked with thousands of fundraisers, and we're here to help you succeed. Check out these helpful fundraising tips and resources to help build your fundraising strategy!
Get Creative with Your Fundraising
Check out our How to Fundraise Guide, and brainstorm fundraising ideas with your coach and teammates. Here are some suggestions to get you started!
Grow your team and spread the word
Use these customizable materials to build awareness about your Kick for Dana-Farber participation, and use #KickForDanaFarber to post updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Personalize your team and player pages. Send the link to your family and friends asking them to make a gift. Teams and players with personalized pages traditionally raise more.
- Hold a team fundraiser:*
*All guests or customers pay an entrance fee at the door with 100% of the proceeds to go directly toward your team total. You’d be surprised how many venues will contribute their space and food to support your cause!
- Ice cream or pasta party
- Movie night
- Bake sale
- Car Wash
- With permission from your school, set up a table at your weekly soccer game and ask everyone who walks by to make a contribution to your Kick team. You can also take canisters into the stands and ask for contributions. Don’t forget the opposing team—challenge them to donate or register as a Kick for Dana-Farber team! We are all fighting cancer!
- Work with your school to announce your participation in Kick for Dana-Farber over the PA system at your weekly soccer games.
- Encourage parents and friends to ask their companies about matching gifts to increase your fundraising tally. Some companies will even double or triple the gift amount.
- Send emails and/or letters to family and friends and ask for contributions to your team or individual fundraising pages.
- Ask local businesses to contribute items that can be used as participation incentives, opportunity drawing prizes, or auction items.
- Update your Facebook cover photo with the Kick for Dana-Farber photo; post photos, updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #KickForDanaFarber at your events, or with team updates.
The more people that know, the more funds you can raise to fight cancer.
How to Collect Gifts
Online gifts via your team’s fundraising web page are encouraged, but if you plan to submit gifts by mail, please follow the instructions below:
Your Impact on Cancer
The funds raised through Kick for Dana-Farber will help cancer patients around the world by advancing revolutionary research. Here are just a few examples of how your team fundraising will help make a difference at
- Make sure any and all cash gifts are made into a cashier's check or money order. This can be done at any bank or post office.
- Include completed Cash/Check Deposit Form in each deposit envelope in order for offline gifts to be entered on the website.
- Make all checks payable to "Dana-Farber Cancer Institute"
- Mail checks or money orders to:
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Attn: Jillian Davis
Kick for Dana-Farber
10 Brookline Place West, 6th Floor
Brookline, MA 02445
- All mailed in contributions received by 5:00 p.m. on December 14, 2018 will be eligible for prizes. We will continue to accept additional contributions through January 31, 2019.
- If your company participates in a matching gift program, be sure and get matching gift forms from your company and forward them along with your contributions so we can process the match. Depending on your company, matches can take additional time to be received by Dana-Farber. Please ask your company what their policy is and all for the designated time if you wish for matches to be eligible for prizes.
Eighty-six cents of every dollar raised directly supports cancer research and patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- A gift of $10 could provide transportation assistance, such as subsidized parking and taxi vouchers, to give patients better access to care.
- A gift of $25 could fund our pediatric clinic’s toy closet and treasure chest, giving Dana-Farber's youngest patients a welcome distraction throughout treatment.
- A gift of $35 could provide patients with personalized consultation services, such as wig fittings, to help patients feel better about themselves during their treatment.
- A gift of $50 could help support more than 650 clinical trials taking place every day in Dana-Farber's relentless pursuit to conquer cancer.
- A gift of $100 could help our Mammography Van reach more communities, giving women access to lifesaving breast cancer screenings and education.
- A gift of $200 could fund the development of new cancer drugs.
Thank you for your incredible support of the 2018 Kick for Dana-Farber program!